No need for a lengthy intro. Here are the best logo design and branding books for your 2016 read:
for the bite-size information consumer…
Star Brands: A Brand Manager’s Guide to Build, Manage & Market Brands
by Carolina Rogoll
In this approachable, easy-to-use, step-by-step guide, author Carolina Rogoll illustrates the star brand model of building, managing and marketing any brand.
- case studies from famous brands
- helps you define the brand’s equity, target audience and craft a solid growth strategy
- interviews with leaders of several industries including business school professors, advertising agency leaders, and former CEOs
for the visual thinker…
Hello, My Name is Awesome
by Alexandra Watkins
Naming a brand can seem as daunting as naming your first child. You may choose to go with the first thing that pops into your head.
- looks at the entire naming process from inception to trade-marking
- A unique “SMILE & SCRATCH” test as a way of surmising the gravitas and success of your chosen name
for lovers of a good story…
by Jonah Berger
In a world where there seems to be a new ‘viral’ story everyday, how can you deeply understand what makes people want to naturally like, share, forward or follow stories or brands?
Jonah Berger offers some incredibly powerful research that goes a long way to helping find an answer. One of the key takeaways is that the more powerful and emotive the story, the more shareable the experience.
- Rather than harping on features or facts, Berger gets you to focus on feelings; the underlying emotions that motivate people to action
- invaluable resource when it comes to finding inspiration for new ideas
- offering real life examples and actionable techniques for you to create infinitely more powerful content
For the academic researcher…
by Alinah Wheeler
“Brand identity is tangible and appeals to the senses. You can see it, touch it, hold it, hear it, watch it move. Brand identity fuels recognition, amplifies differentiation, and makes big ideas and meaning accessible. Brand identity takes disparate elements and unifies them into whole systems.”
‘Designing Brand Identity’ is an extensive reference guide covering everything from the basics to in-depth processes with real examples and a whole host of best practices.
If you’ve wrestled with creating a strong brand identity, chances are this book will be able to point you in the right direction and help you create a unified brand.
For the biography lover…
by Howard Schultz
“It’s not just about winning, but the right way to win”.
‘Onward’ is the telling of how Starbucks’ Chairman and President Howard Schultz returned to the company as CEO, believing that the company had lost it’s way, and with the aim of returning the brand to it’s core values.
Schultz story is a powerful and inspiring one, with some very real lessons when it comes to leadership. Brand actions should be consistent and straying from the core values later in business can have a hugely detrimental effect.
for the millennials…
by Linzi Boyd
Brand Famous is a book that delivers classic marketing advice in a colourful manner with a fresh new approach to building your brand.
The author is sassy and a little brash and offers a lot of smart branding advice and exercises that will help you get straight to the heart of your brand and help you to communicate in your very own brand voice.
- Boyd's personality shines throughout
- Thought-provoking exercises
- Ideal for start-ups
Boyd works with a lot of big brands, but her advice in this book is all about the scrappy small business owner.
for the designer…
By Margaret Pott Hartwell & Joshua C. Chen
Archetypes in Branding: A Toolkit for Creatives and Strategists gives you an effective and incredibly practical tool for branding and marketing. Using a highly participatory approach to branding strategies, combined with sixty beautiful (and incredibly useful) brand archetype cards, this kit helps you become a branding master.
- Beautiful illustrations
- Clear, easy-to-follow guidelines
For expert help enhancing your brand or design features, like your logo, get in touch to learn how we can assist you.